Three Rivers Press, 2009
Bredes’s method is a little like his sturdy small-town constable’s—by page two he’s got you by the lapels, pushed you up against the wall, and made you fear what comes next. He doesn’t relax his grip until the last page is turned.
–Tom McNeal, author of Goodnight, Nebraska
- Reading at Burlington Book Festival, September 26, 2009
- Interview on VPR with Neal Charnoff, September 25, 2009
- “North Country Noir,” Seven Days, Margot Harrison, September 23, 2009
- “Author’s new thriller twists like a country lane,” Argus, A.C. Hutchison, September 13, 2009
- Bookloons.com, Hilary Williamson